Friday, October 3, 2014

Wildcard: Volume Three by Missy Johnson Review Tour


She’s hiding something from me and I need to know what it is. I’ve done so many things I never thought I’d do for this woman and it kills me that she’s lying to me.

How can I make her see that she can trust me?

Do I want to know the truth?

Sometimes things are easier when they’re left unsaid…

Add to Goodreads


http://amzn.to/1vuSf4k

Book 3
Buy Links

Amazon US  ~  Amazon UK  ~  Amazon Au  ~  Amazon Ca
B&N  ~  iTunes  ~  Kobo


Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Angela☆☆☆☆☆
Wildcard: Volume Three is the final book in the Wildcard series and is full of drama. Full to the point that there was a time or two when I felt another Moonstruck moment coming on. You know the scene where Cher slaps Nicolas Cage, yelling at him to “Snap out of it!”? Yep, that’s the one. Scar and Ryder were seriously annoying the crap out of me. I understood the lying and the secrets. They were both trying to protect the other. But when they learned of the police investigation while they were in England – a whole ocean away from the mess – and were petrified, I actually yelled at my Kindle: “Hello…you’re in England. They’re not going to extradite you for questioning. Even if they had evidence, the US would look like the biggest arse in the international community for trying to extradite a single mother while her severely ill son is under treatment and that’s not gonna happen!!!” <= SEE!!! Moonstruck moment.
 
Sadly, I really thought the book wasn’t going to do the series justice. Thankfully Ms. Johnson proved me wrong with Scar’s epiphany in the hospital at about 74% into the book. While it may or may not have been the author’s intention to lighten the mood of the book, that’s exactly what it did for me. I burst out laughing and sailed through the remainder of the book. There was still plenty of drama and excitement to be had, but I found it much more palatable – likely due to the fact that by this time Scar and Ryder began to show more of a united front against Tony and his machinations. All in all, Wildcard: Volume Three was a great ending to the series and I look forward to reading more of Ms. Johnson’s work.


Ruthie☆☆☆☆
This is the third book in the series, and has to be read in order.
 
Great conclusion to a well thought out story. So many times a dual POV story can fail – but most certainly not here. The chopping and changing worked, keeping the reader's head moving as if watching a tennis match. I'm even excited at the prospect of catching up with my new friends when Callie gets her story. Possibly my only gripe is that I would have happily read it all in one sitting rather than having to wait – but now can reread in its totality.
 
Fun, cute, sexy and dramatic – this series presses all the right buttons – enjoy!


Veronica☆☆☆
The final instalment of Missy Johnson's Wildcard series is a little angsty. Both Ryder and Scarlett are hiding secrets, each of them afraid to tell the other what they've done – trust is an issue with this couple and it made me keep turning the pages.
 
While this is a romance series, as a tennis fan I particularly enjoyed the scenes where Ryder is coaching Cally but you don't need to be a sports fan to enjoy this book. It is a fun series and the author finished the trilogy off nicely.


Shannan☆☆☆☆
Volume III is the final book in the Wildcard Series. I felt it was a very good ending to this series. I had a love/hate relationship with Ryder and Scar in this one but in the end it was well worth the read.
 
There was so much drama in this one that just one conversation could have stopped. The back and forth hiding secrets was seriously annoying. I get that they were trying to protect each other but lord. Ms. Johnson brought it all together when they finally did come clean with one another and it became a better read. I truly enjoyed the series and it is worth the read.
 
I can't wait to see what Ms. Johnson comes up with next! 




 Also Available in the Wildcard Series

http://amzn.to/1vWtrEz
Book 1
Buy Links

B&N  ~  iTunes  ~  Kobo

Check out our Wildcard: Volume One by Missy Johnson Review Tour stop for more info.


http://amzn.to/1o3bRHu
Book 2
Buy Links

B&N  ~  iTunes  ~  Kobo

Check out our Wildcard: Volume Two by Missy Johnson Review Tour stop for more info.




Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she’s a cat, a cat who thinks he’s a dog…you get the picture).

When she’s not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.

Connect with Missy

Facebook  ~  Twitter  ~  Website  ~  Goodreads




Organized by

http://indiesage.com



Reviewers on the Wicked Reads Review Team were provided a free copy of Wildcard: Volume Three by Missy Johnson to read and review for this tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are reviewed by a blog admin before being published. We thank you for visiting our blog & leaving a comment.