Saturday, September 20, 2014

Wildcard: Volume Two by Missy Johnson Review Tour


I’m so fucking pissed off that she would do this to me.

I really thought we had something, but instead, I’m left feeling like an idiot.

All I want to do is go back home and forget the last few weeks ever happened, but I’m stuck in this stupid country teaching tennis to spoiled rich kids who care less about playing than I do.

All I want to do is forget about her.

But things are never that easy, are they?

Add to Goodreads


http://amzn.to/1o3bRHu

Book 2
Buy Links

Amazon US  ~  Amazon UK  ~  Amazon Au  ~  Amazon Ca
B&N  ~  iTunes  ~  Kobo



Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Angela☆☆☆☆
As much as serials annoy me because of the cliffhanger aspect, Ms. Johnson definitely knows how to write a good serial. Thankfully, she also released part two in a timely manner so that I was able to read it without having to go back and reread part one. By that I mean that when the story opens with Ryder mentally cursing Scarlett I was able to recall the end of volume one with ease.

While Ryder does give Scarlett the opportunity to explain who “the guy” is, he doesn’t do it before taking his metaphorical pound of flesh. This brings me to the only issue I actually had with the story. I cannot imagine any woman, much less Scarlett, being able to rationalize Ryder’s behavior toward her and “forgive” him so quickly. Ryder, at least, has some residual mistrust of her once they’ve reconciled over the issue and that she refuses to explain the situation seems to justify his mistrust.

Wildcard: Volume Two ups the drama for the series. I want to know what Scarlett did that has her ex blackmailing her. I can’t wait to see what happens with the person at the other end of the cell phone. Is Ryder going to accomplish anything with the ex now that he’s involved himself? Can Scarlett and Ryder maintain the passion between them? Seriously, the sex between these two is HOT! So many questions. Fortunately all should be answered in two to three weeks when Wildcard: Volume Three is released. I am looking forward to it already – the sign of a successful serial.


Ruthie☆☆☆☆
This book, the second in the Wildcard adventure is a whirlwind read. The reader is catapulted backwards and forwards, changing allegiances as the story unfolds. I really enjoyed it – but I NEED the final episode asap!!

DO read these in order, and enjoy both a fun, moving and sexy tale of two people who (hopefully) will get themselves sorted out by the end of book 3. There is a lot more to uncover, I have no doubt!


Veronica☆☆☆
Wildcard Volume 2 is the continuation of Ryder and Scarlett's story. Ryder and Scarlett's story is fun mainly because Ryder is a great character. He is brilliant and flawed and amusing. In the end however volume 2 turned out a little more serious than the first instalment and I was left with a not so great impression of Scarlett.

This books answers some but not all of the questions raised in volume one and new issues arise which leave us with another cliffhanger. But no need to worry – book 3 is due out in less than 2 weeks.


Shannan☆☆☆☆☆
**4.5 STARS**

This was a super quick read. I wanted so much more, I have so many questions!!

I love Ryder. He's a bit of a bad boy, but sweet and sexy.

Ryder's hurt, pissed off, and thinks of himself as a fool. Ryder finally decided to open up to someone and she played him for a fool. Now he's stuck in the US for a month. He's surprised to see Scarlett at his door, will he listen to reason, listen to her explanation? Can he believe what she is telling him or is there more to her past than he realizes?

I can't wait to get the next volume. I need to know what is going on!!!!




 Also Available in the Wildcard Series

http://amzn.to/1vWtrEz

Book 1
Buy Links

Amazon US  ~  Amazon UK  ~  Amazon Au  ~  Amazon Ca
B&N  ~  iTunes  ~  Kobo



Book 3
Releases October 6th






Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she’s a cat, a cat who thinks he’s a dog…you get the picture).

When she’s not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.

Connect with Missy

Facebook  ~  Twitter  ~  Website  ~  Goodreads







Tour Hosted by

http://indiesage.com


Reviewers on the Wicked Reads Review Team were provided a free copy of Wildcard: Volume Two by Missy Johnson to read and review for this tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are reviewed by a blog admin before being published. We thank you for visiting our blog & leaving a comment.